Too tired to post in any other fashion... Stream of Momishness -- a blog by a new mom trying to balance a full-time family and a healthy obsession with research and new products.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Buy Buy Baby and Beyond...

You may have already heard, but as I am slow on the corporate news now that I am no longer in the corporate world, I just heard about a beautiful merger. No, not the nuptials of Mimi and Nick, but the merger of east coast baby merch mecca Buy Buy Baby and home of the weekly 20% off mailer - Bed, Bath and Beyond. To the Momish, the takeaway is that those 20% off coupons may now be used (double check with your local store) to stock up on all things baby gear - including strollers of the carrycot variety (a secret obsession). I know many of my New York friends had registries at Buy Buy Baby - so hopefully the Midwesterners and west coasters will soon have another registry option... I do know that Bed, Bath and Beyond's website already has a baby section and it features a wide variety of high, middle and low price points (for instance, in strollers they offer Uppa-Baby, Peg Perego, Bugaboo, Combi, Joovy, Maclaren, etc.)

An interesting tidbit for me (in my past-life I liked to pretend to be a corporate attorney and work on mergers and acquisitions - and even had "Family Business" magazine on my routing list at the law firm) from the deal was that Buy Buy Baby was founded by the sons of the founder of Bed, Bath and Beyond. Buy Buy Baby had eight stores and was worth $86 million. It will be interesting to see if the deal means that baby merchandise will be carried at Bed, Bath stores or if more Buy Buy Baby stores will pop up through out the country.

No comments: